From this angle it is difficult to guess that this road is actually a bridge.
There have been several bridges here - the first recorded in 966 and this dates from 1345 and was designed by Taddeo Gaddi.
It was saved from destruction in World War II by the express orders of Adolf Hitler - all other bridges being destroyed.
Noted for the shops built on it - originally butcher shops but now art dealers, jewellers and souvenir sellers.
This photo taken one day in January hence the coats and umbrellas.